New Manual for General Design Standards and Standard Construction Details Now Available!!!
The City of Cedar Hill proposed updates and revisions to our General Design Standards for the design and the construction of infrastructure development within the City of Cedar Hill. The proposed standards were designed to complement the City’s premier position on new private development projects as well City initiated capital improvement projects.
On May 8, 2012 the City Council formally adopted the new Manual and Construction Details.
(Ordinance No. 2012-473)
These documents are now available for download:
Manual for General Design Standards
for Pavement, Drainage Systems and Water & Sanitary Sewer Systems.
Standard Construction Details
Copies of these documents can also be found at the Public Library at 225 Cedar Street.
Robert Woodbury, P.E., CFM,
Quang Nguyen, P.E., CFM,
Regaynal Poplion, E.I.T.,
Engineering Projects Coordinator
Ph: 972.291.5126 ext. 2803
The Engineering Division is primarily responsible for design, inspection and contract administration relating to water systems, sewer systems, streets, traffic control, and drainage facilities – functions of which include the following:
- Master Plan Review/Update
- Review of Development Plans/Plats
- Traffic Studies/ Transportation Management
- Permitting within Right-of-Way
- Inspection Services
- Capital Improvements Project Management
- Homeowner Assistance/Customer Service
- Coordination with various governmental and Regulatory Agencies (TCEQ, EPA, TxDOT, Dallas County, Ellis County ; NCTCOG, DWU, TRA)
- Regulatory Oversight (NPDES, Backflow Prevention)
- Environmental Compliance and Water Quality
- Pretreatment Requirements
- Escarpment Requirements
- Cross Connection Requirements
- Storm Water Requirements
Questions about Landowner Rights?