Trash and recycling are collected weekly, on the same day. Collection day map
View or print this flyer
for more information.
The City of Cedar Hill’s solid waste services changed the week of Jan. 8, 2012.
- Every single-family home has received a 96-gallon Recycle cart. The green cart with the yellow lid is used for recyclables only – these carts will not be picked up if they contain anything other than recyclables.
- Residents may elect to lease a 96-gallon trash cart for $2 per month per cart. To request a trash cart, call 972.291.5100 ext.1200.
- Every home will have one weekly pickup day for trash, recycling and one bulky item (link to map for designated pickup day) Trash/Recycling should be set out by 7 a.m. the day of collection.
- Green waste and brush pickup will continue with existing monthly pickup schedule (refer to map link above for designated pickup week)
- (Optional) Residents may lease a trash cart for an additional $2 per month per cart
Waste Management will collect one bulk item per pickup day at no additional charge. Place your bulk item at the curb or alley on the day of your regular trash collection.
- What is a bulk item? It’s an appliance, piece of furniture, or some other residential item that is too large for a container. Construction debris and hazardous waste are not allowed as bulk items.
Residents may continue to place up to 3 cubic yards of bagged trash at the curb or alley on the scheduled trash day.
Holiday and Inclement Weather Make-up days
The City and Waste Management guarantees every resident to receive once a week trash collection. If a holiday or inclement weather falls on a Monday or Tuesday, the make-up day will be Wednesday. If a holiday or inclement weather falls on a Thursday or Friday, the make-up day will be on Saturday. Make-up days will be effective for the following 3 (three) observed holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
For additional information, please contact the City at 972.291.5100 ext.1003.
Waste Management is the service provider for trash, recycling and landfill access for the residents and businesses of Cedar Hill. You may contact them Mon. - Fri. 8 to 5 and on Sat. from 8 - noon at 214.626.8800